Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Show & Tell: A Kid-Friendly Meal

As I've mentioned, my kids are not the best of eaters (and the Understatement of the Year Award goes to...). However, they do enthusiastically eat this meal, so I thought I'd share it - especially as it's easy to make.

Prosciutto "Stromboli"
  • Pillsbury refrigerated French Bread Loaf dough
  • Mexi-blend, shredded cheese
  • 1 package prosciutto
  • Baby Spinach

Pre-heat oven to 375. Separate the dough into four, roughly equal lengths. Stretch each piece out into the thinnest rectangle you can (before holes appear). Sprinkle with cheese, add a layer of spinach, followed by a layer of prosciutto. wrap the open ends of the dough together and cinch them - kinda like a package. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Note: I serve these with mashed sweet potatoes (one of the rare foods that's healthy but doesn't taste like it). Start with the sweet potatoes first because they take longer to cook.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am saving this! It looks so simple and like something my kids would actually eat. And OK, I'll admit it, you had me at "prosciutto."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...